Monday, October 27, 2008

Dear friends and family,
As many of you have made it a part of your day to check in on Jonah's condition, I have made it a part of mine to check in on your words of encouragement and prayers for Jonah, Scott and Amy. I also wanted to feel close to them by viewing the pictures when we couldn't be with them. I find myself going to the blog to check in, and of course, it breaks my heart to see the pictures, now that we will no longer be able to see Jonah in this life. But there is still comfort in viewing and remembering his short, but oh so sweet and important 5 months and 1 week of life. Our family will never be the same, and Jonah will always be a part of us until the day that we go to see him in Heaven with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is so much comfort for me to know that sweet Jonah will be there with Jesus to welcome me one day.

The memorial service was beautiful with a slideshow of Jonah and his loving parents. Our son, Scott was able to share with everyone the love of God and do it with God's strength. I know that God's presence of love and hope was felt by all. I just wanted to write and say THANK YOU all so much for these past 5 months of love and support sent to the Goodman/West families. We could not have felt so hopeful and strong without your support, and someday we will understand it all more clearly.
As I was reading today I came across these verses in 2nd Corinthians 1:4:

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

And in John 14:1-2

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Love in Him, Nancy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Nancy, this made me cry. It was our pleasure to pray for your amazing family and we continue to do so with as much ferver as we had before. Getting to spend time with you over the weekend was a real blessing for me and Dennis. Your families have touched us in a big way. We hope to see all of you very soon. In Him, Gina Spivey

The Bauers said...

Scott, Amy, Nancy et al,
We are so saddened to hear of the loss of Jonah Scott. Thank you for your rock solid faith which has been clearly displayed on this blog. May II Cor. 1:4 prove true in you over time...that the comfort he gives you would lead to comforting and ministering to others.
With love and prayers, Deron & Jessica Bauer

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
I've been blessed to have known Amy for the last few years. We worked together at Madrona. I met Scott right around the time they got married. I have been so blessed by Amy and Scott's friendship. Amy was a great strength for me during a rough period I went through. I have been blessed by Amy and Scott's strength and trust in the Lord. It was a beautiful service on Saturday. I can tell that the lord is surrounding Amy, Scott and their families right now. Thank you for keeping us all updated on this blog. It has been a wonderful tool to keep us all up to date on Jonah, and also to allow others to know about the love of Jesus Christ. May the Lord be with your family during this rough time and bring you all peace and comfort.
With Love,
Erin

april said...

i am visiting your blog because a friend of mine asked us to pray for the family at this difficult time, as i will do. also, i wanted to give you the gift of audrey caroline- which may bring some peace, and maybe even a little rain... http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good morning all. We never met your family and yet we instantly added you all to our little family of friends. Jonah's sweet little face will forever be in hearts and I will continue checking the blog to check on all of you when I check on Robynn. Take care of yourselves.
Love, Kim & The Funk Family
in West Sacramento :)

Anonymous said...

I know I cannot begin to fathom the depth of the pain and sorrow that is your constant companion. As Chris said, we don't grieve like the world, without hope, but we surely do mourn such a loss. We would wish our precious children to be with Jesus, but not "early" because we are not made to be content with separation from our loved ones, any more than we can really be content separated from our Heavenly Father. I pray that Jonah's life will count for many responding to the Father's call, to want Him in the here and now more than anyone or anything on this earth. You are in my prayers! May God comfort and strengthen you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh baby, we miss you. God, we trust you. Scott & Amy, we love you. t, a, & l

anjuli paschall said...

tears fall as i am reading your beautiful story about your precious boy Jonah. i've checked your blog on and off and am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your love for Jonah is incredible and moving. Your faith in Christ has challenged me. I am holding your family in prayer.
love,
Anjuli Paschall